No event in Northern California has more players get selected to the Oakland A's Area Code Roster. On average the NorCal World Series has 18 players make the Area Code Team with a high of 26 players in 2019. Our event is a great opportunity for players to be seen by Pro Scouts and earn an opportunity to get an invite to the Area Code tryouts and have a chance to make the roster.
When professional scouts and college recruiters ask for specific information on a players performance Scoutcast is a name that is most trusted. Compiling video, along with major metric testing ( spin rate, velocity, exit speed, launch angel) If it can be measured Scoutcast will be there to measure it. Every player will receive their own Scoutcast Recruiting video from the NorCal World Series
Industry leader Program 15 will once again be at the NorCal World Series. Program 15 evaluations are one of a kind in todays landscape. These are not your cookie cutter evaluations that you get with other organizations, these are former Major League Players and Scouts who will give you an honest evaluation during your play at the NorCal World Series. Each player will receive a professional evaluation from the Program 15 Staff
Things to consider before making a recommendation:
1. Make a strong case for the player you are recommending and provide as much contact information as you can.
2. The NWS scouting staff’s (and advisory council) evaluations will serve as the primary factor for a player to receive an invitation to NWS .
3. Recommendations by the local D1 coaches and MLB scouts also are used to identify the RIGHT players for NWS. They know who they want to watch compete as they sort through all the area’s players.
4. Recommendations will be considered from other sources that are aware of the caliber of players targeted for NWS l, such as summer club team coaches and local high school coaches. Those that understand the level of competition in this event and have the best interest of the players and the college coaches/MLB scouts in mind are the ones we give credibility to.
5. When recommending a player, please be aware of the history of the top players who have performed in this event. There are many ‘good’ players in Northern CA but we are not simply looking for ‘good’ high school players. We are looking for PROSPECTS that can and will benefit from the opportunity. We are looking for major D1 scholarship caliber players and professional prospects.
6. The Bay Area does not have 192 D1 caliber high school juniors and sophomores on a year to year basis (though there are 100 or so), so we do not expect every player to be D1 caliber or a professional prospect. However, we do expect that each player that is recommended is one of the top players in his local region, and can be expected to be an all-conference caliber player when he reaches his peak ability at the high school level. Players that are starting by their sophomore year are generally those type of players.
The 2021 NorCal World Series will have 4 upperclass teams (2022) and 4 Underclass Team (2023-2024)
When: June 11-14, 2021
Where: Islanders Field in Lathrop California
Who: Top 2022, 2023 and 2024 players.
What: Each player will participate in a pro style workout (BP, Infield/Outfield and run the 60). Player will play in 3 games over the weekend. Pitches will throw to 9 batters or 3 innings
What if I am already committed: Every year the NorCal World Series has a lot of committed players participate. Players want and need to attend in order to keep their edge as a player by playing against the best competition. Players also need to keep their options open just in case something happens and you need to change directions. Also it might be the first time the pro scouts get a chance to see you as a player for future drafts and Area Code Games